When it comes to building an engaged fan base, regular interactions like daily status updates and weekly promotions are important, but so are seasonal marketing opportunities like holidays and annual events. But how do you and your audience keep track of all of these events? The answer to that is fairly simple; an Events Calendar.
There are all sorts of events throughout the year that provide opportunities to engage customers –from holidays like Easter and Christmas to cause-related days like Earth Day or May Day. There are also seasonal events like ‘back to school’ or summer and winter sales. All of these provide powerful opportunities for companies to build a strong relationship with their customers.
Unless you have a plan however, it’s easy to forget these holidays and events until it’s too late. We recommend that you build a calendar of all events you’d like to market around this year. Remember that planning for these marketing campaigns should start weeks (or sometimes over a month) in advance.
As for what you should do to celebrate these holidays, promotions like contests, coupons and give-aways continue to be the best method for a successful fan base growth. To make things easy for you, we’ve hand-picked 11 popular holidays and listed corresponding subject lines that will stand out in the recipient’s inbox.
Examples of Using Seasonal Promotions in Your Email Marketing
New Year’s – January 1st
• 3, 2, 1… Countdown to New Deals!
• New Year, New You, New Deals
Valentine’s Day – February 14th
• Free Shipping + J. Crew = LOVE
Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) – February 21st
• Pancake Day Giveaway
St Patrick’s Day – March 17th
• 25% Off – Lucky You!
• You Don’t Have to be Irish to Get Lucky
April Fool’s Day – April 1st
• April Fools! But this is no joke…
Earth Day –April 22nd
• Raise a toast to the Earth on April 22nd
St George’s day – April 23rd
• Celebrate St George’s Day by entering out Competition
Easter – April 24th
• Hop to it! Great Easter Promotions!
• An Easter Egg-stravaganza!
Halloween – October 31st
• Halloween Party Countdown – 1 week to go
• Get your Halloween treat early this year!
Guy Fawkes Night – November 5th
• Our latest promotion for Bonfire Night
Christmas – December 25th
• Hurry! 10 days left to save £10 with HOHOHO code
• Santa’s worked his magic -15% Off
For More Marketing Advice – http://blog.evvnt.com/category/event-marketing/